Saturday, April 2, 2011

Received a call about a free vacation, but it's for a time share or showcase thing?

I didn't go through with it. They called me earlier today saying I won a 3 day 2 night stay at colonial williamsburg Virginia and I could bring up to 4 guests. It was some entry form I filled out at the local fair way back in October. Anyways, you have to pay a $75 deposit, and you get it back when you arrive at the show case. The lady on the phone said the showcase was 90 minutes. But, I remember in the past my dad said he went to one of those time share things, I guess that's what it is a long time ago back when he was with my mom, and they talk to you for ever and pressure you to buy real estate, and you don't get to do any site seeing, but I don't know how they changed since than? But, this one was a 90 minute showcase. They said they would give me extra cash too and the 75 deposit back when I arrive. I told her at the end I had a busy schedule this month, and said sorry and hung up on her. But, are these legit? And what exactly would they be show casing, and is it for real 90 minutes? I think it is legit because the entry form was at the fair, but I don't even remember filling it out, since it was back in October, but now is the time they are doing it. I would go, but they only take the $75 deposit via check card, debit/credit, and I didn't want to get scammed even though I know people who have done this. Any info about these things will be helpful. Would they really give me extra money if I had arrived? Is there a difference between showcases and timeshares? I would have been staying at the Williamsburg Plantation Resort. She said that I wouldn't be pressured into buying anything. But, I didn't get into the specifics about what they are show casing.

No comments:

Post a Comment