Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My landlords house is being foreclosed?

Hi, i live in virginia beach virginia, and today my landlord came to my home, i wasnt home so he left a note on the door, saying the house was being foreclosed on and for me to keep the feb rent to move out. What can I do? we had fallen behind on rent (by a month) because of my husbands hours being cut at work, but we caught everything up in january, and we were paying feb rent tomorrow. (its due on the 10th of the month) We signed a 6 month lease in may 2010 and when it was up we went month to month, it states in our lease that we are month to month at this point. We never had papers served here for the foreclosure, but right after we moved in we started getting mail for him from the IRS and we did get court papers summoned here for him to go to court because of the money he owed them. But nothing from the court house about foreclosure. If we do have to move how long do we have?

No comments:

Post a Comment